August 23, 2011

Giant Catch Up

Yes, I know it has been a really long time. But I've been super busy! For 3 days I went to Bear Lake for youth conference, which was really fun. I'm going to miss all my wardies!!! While we were there we went to a play, played lots of games, had dance parties in the car (and on the side of the road), and went boating. Those were some crazy tube rides! I flew of once, did a flip in the air, and face planted. Lovely, right?

Anyways, the day after I got home from youth conference I left with my family for my grandparent's cabin in Escalante. I did not enjoy that trip at all! The basement of the cabin was infested with mice, and the rest was infested with the biggest spiders I have ever seen. Sick! One of the days we were there we went on a hike, and you couldn't pay me enough to redo it. It was over 100 degrees, with no shade, on a 6 mile hike, in the sand. And I don't even like regular hikes. There was a cool little waterfall at the end, but not worth the hike. Oh well.






 Justin's version of a smore
 The Loft



That Monday we went to Lake Powell! I love it there! We didn't have a boat, but we did have 2 blow-up rafts and 2 kayaks. Just swimming there was great! We stayed for 1 night, and then left in the afternoon the next day. It was so nice to finally get home and get clean!




Last Thursday I got my wisdom teeth out. Definitely not the funnest thing I've ever done, but not the worst either. I woke up for a tiny bit during the surgery, but thankfully it didn't hurt and they put me back to sleep pretty fast. I was super confused when I first woke up, and even on the drive home. When I got home my whole family was running out to the car to see how I acted on all of the medication I was on. They even got some videos of it. I pretty much only remember saying things that I thought were totally normal, but my family would crack up at. My mom and Justin were crying because they were laughing so hard! My grandma and grandpa Barnes had flown in the night before, so they were there to "see the show" too. The medicine that my doctor gave me didn't take away the pain and was making me throw up, so I stopped taking it. My ice pack pretty much became my best friend. The next night I was finally able to get some medicine that worked.

2 days after I got my wisdom teeth out I went to Orange Leaf with Casey, Bergen, Melanie Hunter, and Melissa Anderson. It was fun seeing them again! It was weird to me that we are all moving out so soon! Afterwards all the girls went and saw The Help, which was really good. I'm going to miss them all!

Sunday was my last day in my ward, which was indescribably weird. (Is that even a word? Idk)

Last night I hung out with Melanie Anderson. It was so weird saying goodbye! We normally hang out like every week, so it will be weird not seeing her anymore.

Today is my last day living at home. CRAZY!!! I'm really excited for college, but it's going to be a huge adjustment. Most of my day today has consisted of packing and doing all of the things I was supposed to be doing all summer long, but of course, didn't. It's going to be a super busy day, and I hope I can get everything done that I need to. At least I can pretty much plan on having all night to get stuff done because there is no way on this earth I will be able to fall asleep tonight, knowing I'm moving out in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment