February 02, 2012

Why Girls Get Ready, Toilet Paper, My Children, and Handstands


Well hello there! Nothing too exciting has been going on lately. My new daycare job is going really well (details and pictures to come). We've done some makeovers, labeled our toilet paper, and I figured out I can do handstands in our hallway! You know, the usual.

So, here on the left we have Bethanie. She is my lovely roommate who allows me to doll her up every now and then. Here are the before and after pictures :) I did her hair, makeup, and had her put contacts in. And this, my friends, is why girls put forth
                 Before                         the effort to get ready in the morning.                     After
             

                Below is Claire labeling our roll of toilet paper.......Basically we heard that someone in our ward labels each of his eggs (individually) with his full name. We thought it was pretty funny and joked about labeling other things in our apartment too. The funniest thing we could think of labeling was toilet paper - each person gets 3 squares, and you can't go to the bathroom unless it was your turn. We were just kidding, but Claire actually did it! hahaha. Oh Claire......




 Next up are some of my children. At first the daycare job was overwhelming. They basically threw me into a room with 10, 4-5 year olds and said "entertain them for the next 3 hours while they all try to get your attention, climb all over you, and fight with each other." Easy, right? Now it's gotten a lot easier. I've figured out what will keep them entertained, how to discipline the fighters, and all that good stuff. I also found out that they love having their picture taken! Here are a few of them.


Lastly, I would like to explain the picture below............A few days ago I was having trouble focusing on my homework (surprise, surprise). I was talking to Bethanie, and she told me to do handstands to get the blood to go to my brain. I did, and my feet touched the ceiling when I did it. I kept "practicing" this until I could hold myself up with my feet on the ceiling. It's so much fun! Ok, maybe entertaining is the word I'm looking for....regardless, it's my newest hobby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment