January 02, 2012

Happy 2012!!!

Happy 2012 everyone!!! I've been seriously slacking with this blog, but I've been pretty busy. I'm FINALLY done with my job at Sbarro, which is awesome!!! It was pretty brutal having to stay at my apartment alone for the week before Christmas because of work :/ but at the same time, it was nice to have the apartment to myself :) I'm glad my roommates are back now though.

My last day at Sbarro!!!! 

Christmas was pretty typical and fun. We had our usual kid's sleepover in the basement on Christmas Eve, which is always fun. Max stayed up until 3:00am! I was shocked he could even do it! We had tons of junk food, and stayed up late watching movies, and playing MarioKart :)

(Notice the controllers all over, the sleeping bags, the sleeping children being woken up for Christmas, and Haley pretending to flip off whoever is waking her up)

For Christmas I got windshield wipers, a new ice scraper, candy, clothes, a duffel bag, stuff like that. Grandma Barnes also made me a blanket made up of all my old Christmas PJ's which I love! We went to Grandma and Grandpa Platt's for lunch, and then the whole Barnes family came over to our house for dinner. Number of rolls devoured: 8. Success!

Stockings :)

Christmas tree on Christmas morning! 

Rice Krispy treat bear

5,000 cookies? Check. We must be going to a Platt family function. 


The rest of my break I hung out with a few friends who were home for Christmas too, played games with the fam, saw a movie with the Platt cousins, and such. It was pretty great! It's SO nice not to have any school stuff to work on over the break! I did have some school stress though because I found out that my grades weren't good enough for me to keep one of my scholarships :( :( :( But all is well, and I'm going to work way harder next semester.

New Year's Eve was on Saturday. I played games with Bob, Haley, and her friend Sarah, which took FOREVER. It was fun though. We have some awesome glasses that we use on New Year's, complete with Martinellies (spelling?) :) Since our house is up on the hill and the firework bans have been lifted, we had a pretty awesome view of a bunch of fireworks. So cool!

Sparkling Cider

Bob and Brad

Haley and Sarah

Failed attempt picture of the firework view from the balcony 


And now I'm back at my apartment with my roomies :) Tomorrow I'm going to change my major, which I'm super excited about! I'm switching from Elementary Education to Psychology :) Eventually I want to do marriage and family counseling. I can't wait for everyone else to come back to Wyview! I miss everyone! They should be getting here tomorrow though :) It will be weird to have new people in the ward, but I'm excited about it :) So long for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment