November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

So, I decided to copy Quincey and write 1 thing I'm thankful for for every day of November up until Thanksgiving. (I may even repeat some of yours Quincey, but I really will try not to. Some are just a must though!) Here it goes!

I am grateful for:

1. Parents- That my parents love each other, me, and all of my siblings. That sure doesn't happen for a lot of people these days!


2. Brothers and Sister- Not going to lie, 4 brothers is a lot and 1 sister is plenty, but it sure is fun!




I know, this is a bad picture. But it's the only one I really have of Jake and Brad




 3. Cousins- Seriously, how could you not be jealous of having this much crazy in 1 place?! Now if only I had a picture of all the Platt cousins.........






4. Grandparents- I'm lucky enough to have all of my grandparents alive and part of my life. They do so much for me! They're awesome! 




5. Tons and tons of Aunts and Uncles- I was going to count all of them, but it would take too long :)


6. Friends- I have the very best friends on planet Earth, or any other planet for that matter. Also, if you're not in any of these pictures, no worries. We're still friends :) haha




7. My Roomies!- Claire, Charlotte, and Bethanie. Greatest roommates ever! We've all been living together for 3 months now, and still haven't had a single fight. They're awesome! 





8. BYU!- I am seriously so lucky to go here! I don't feel smart enough to have gotten in, but I'm sure glad I did!
I'm totally in this picture!
                                       


                                       

9. My lovely apartment :)




10. My car- Ya, I know, it's not the pretties thing. But hey, it runs! And it was super cheap and gets me where I need to go. I love the freedom of it!


11. A Job- I really don't like working, but I need the money, so it's awesome that I was able to find a job! 



12. Springville and Mapleton!!!!- I love that I live so close to it now. When I'm feeling down I like to drive around there and remember all of the good times I had there :) 




13. A practically perfect childhood- really, you don't get much luckier than me when it comes to my childhood. "I grew up in a pretty house and I had space to run and I had the best day with you today."



14. Colorado- I love it there so much! For a while there I lived for those trips back to visit.


15. Moving- As strange as it may sound, I am thankful for the many moves my family has had to make. While I wouldn't wish it on anyone else, I had great experiences in every place I've lived. (yes, even in Texas). I have met some incredible people that I can't imagine my life without. It has been fun to go back and stalk my old houses too ;) 

                                       

(I've never been back to the Texas house)




16. My Journals- My mom has always been a pro at writing in her journal, and I've started to do the same. It is so fun to go back and read through my old ones :)



17. My cell phone- My 1st full day at BYU I lost my phone and it was such a pain in the butt! It sure is a handy little thing!

18. My wallet- Strange to be thankful for a wallet? You laugh, but try thinking yours is lost with your IDs, Debit card, and Social Security Card in it (No, I don't normally keep that in there). No bueno. So glad I found it today! 


19. Old pictures and home videos- I absolutely love looking at/watching them! It's so funny! (sorry it's a repeat picture. It's the only one I have on this computer) 



20. Movies/TV- I don't watch a ton of shows, but it is so nice to be able to wind down at the end of the day with an episode of The Office, Psych, Baby Momma, Princess Diaries, or something equally as wonderful. 



21. FOOD!!!!- Seriously, food is divine. No further questions. Especially things like Jamba Juice, rolls, etc. Need I say more? 

22. Music- I'm pretty sure I would die without music. I love playing the piano!!! It's such a good way to let all of my emotions out! Viola is fun too. Listening to music can make me feel absolutely incredible too. So awesome!

23. America- Who gets to live in the most awesome country ever?!?!?! That's right, we do! There have been so many sacrifices in order to make our lives as free as they are, and I am so grateful for that! 

24. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints- I saved this one for last :) Cheesy? Ya, probably. But I'm over it! Seriously, so much of my life is centered around the church, and it's so great! It can be really hard sometimes, but I know it will be so worth it in the end! 

And look at that! You made it to the end! Congratz! I really am shocked that this was interesting enough for anyone to read, but hey! whatever works!










11 comments:

  1. You rock Ki! We are all lucky to have you in our lives! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It turned out super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel hurt...not a single mention of me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Ki....Isn't it awesome to be a full fledged adult and recongnize our many blessings. So proud and happy to have you as my granddaughter forever. The choices you have made in life have paid off. LYSGs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quincey and Grandma, thanks! Sari, you're included in the Colorado one! You let me live at your house when I go out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I guess I won't be offended, since I am in a picture, but not mentioned by name! Love the page. You guys were so much fun to have around when you were all so little! Hope you're having a blast in college!

    -Sheshi

    P.S. Your apt. looks just like mine did. I guess things haven't changed that much in 15 years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Sheshi, but it would take WAY too long to name all of my aunts and uncles hahaha And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG YOU DID NOT PUT THE PREGGERS PIC ON HERE, IMMA SHOOT YOU DOWN GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha that only took a month for you to notice :) And besides, it's funny. It shows some character! haha

    ReplyDelete